Monday, October 15, 2007

Smokey Beans goes to Work

6:30AM The Alarm went off in the dark cool morning of October 15th. I was still groggy but found the energy to get into the shower. When entering the shower stall I noticed the soap was almost gone so I quickly reached under the sink and grabbed a fresh bar. The box was a little difficult to open but I finally got it out. I so love a new fresh bar of soap in the morning. After a nice warm shower I blew dry my hair and put all my make-up on. Then I went to my closet and decided weather to wear pants or a skirt. It was a tad chilly so I decided on the Khaki pants and my new brown blouse. You know brown is the new black. Next I needed to pick out my jewelry to accesorize. I new the silver earrings and diamond bracelent would work well.

After putting the ironing board and iron away, Scott doesn't like it when I leave it out, I walked down the dimly lit upsairs hallway to Ben Cain's room. I poked my into his room and said, "Ben time to get up." He grunted and rolled over. I knew he would be right back to leep if I didn't turn on the light soooooo I wlaked in and flipped the light switch on. He was none to pleased but then sauntered into the bathroom for his shower. Luckily he had a nice bar of soap and didn't have to fumble with the box like I had. I went down stairs to get the coffee started and pour a bowl of ceral for myself. I was so glad to see the Special K with Berries. It is my favorite but often times I go into the lazy susan only to find an empty box. Next I got a banana and sliced it on top along with sprinkling one packet of equal sweetner on top. then into the refrigerator to get the milk. As it splashed on top of the flakes it reminded me of the waves hitting the banks of Lake Ontario. To bad I won't be back there 'till next June. If any of you townies are reading this know that I miss you and we will have to get together for dinner sometime this winter. Sorry for tangent now back to my day.

After eating my delicious bowl of cereal I went back up stairs to see if Ben was out of the shower. That little stinker takes the longest showers yo have ever seen. I had to give him the 2 minute count down. He finally got out and then it was time to get Brennon up. He is a little better about getting up but also likes to take long showers. He always opens the window when he takes his shower. Which would be fine if he would also remember to close it. He often doesn't and then I don't find It till later that day. Most of the time it doesn't rain but boy if it would that would be some mess in the bathroom. Teenagers what can you do with them????

both boys finished their routines and then came down to get some breakfast. Ben always likes toast in the morning so he went right over to the toaster and popped to 2 slices of italian bread. While he was waiting for the toast Brennon went for the cereal. He likes Coco Krispies. I wonder if he thought of the the waves as his milk rushed over those little chocolaty krispies? Oh well I guess I will never know since he is 16 and pretty much doesn't talk. That is except when he wants something. But then agin I digress. After they finsihed breakfast it was time for me to head to work.

7:20 I drive to school. Yes that is correct this hard working teacher gets to school 1 1/2 housrs before she has to be there. Just call me dedicated. Anyways I drove the van to work. Did I mention how much I love my Chrysler van? I do, I do, I do!!!!! It really is a perfect vehicle. It came in very handy this weekend for our trip to Manhattan for a cross country meet. We had lots and lots of storage and plenty of leg room to boat. Not to mention and wonderful ride. Almost like riding on a cloud. While driving over to school this car pulled out in front of me. It was unbelievable. He bearly missed my front end. When I looked up I saw this fat italian bastard behind the wheel of the car. I wasn't too surprised when I spied his vanity palte and it read FUNVITO. Go figure. When I pulled into the parking lot. I noticed only 2 other cars there. Probably the cars of the "Before School" program lady and custodian. I grabbed my purse, my coffee and my school bag out of the van. It was quite a handful. Thank goodness for those automatic doors on the van. Honestly, I don't know how I ever managed without them. I just hit that little button and wala the door closes. I walked into the building pausing briefly to check my mailbos on the way in. No mail for me. I had a sub on Friday because I was out to go thte XC race in Manhattan. I'm thinking my sub probably got all my mail and it is probably laying on my desk in my room.

When I reached my room I had to hang my jacket up. That's right, I forgot to say earlier that I wore my leather coat to school. I'm sorry for leaving such an important detail out. I will try to not let that happen again in my quest to tell you about my day at work. As I was saying I hing my coat up in my locker and then got my classroom key out to unlock my door. Boy 10 years ago I would have never even thought to lock my room but not they make us. times sure have changed. I noticed as I entered my room that there was quite a pungent oder in my room. then I remmebered that last Friday was cooking day in kindergarten and they made doughnuts for "D" week. My poor aid had to cook without me there to help. After missing Firday I had lots of work to do to get everything ready for 18 wonderful 5 year olds. Today we would be making a Razzle Dazzle book for the new Razzle Dazzle kid of the week, rading our new Book of the Week "The Pumpkin", going to a fire prevention assmbly, having lunch, ging to music class, having rest time, working on a math lesson about sorting objects by size, shape, and color, having center time, and then tidying up to get ready to go home. I ahd to go into overdrive to everyting ready. When my aid got to school at 8:30 she let me know that my sub on Friday was fantastic. I was so relieved to know that they had a productive day and that everythig went well. I will srely get her name and number to call in the future. I already know of one day I will need to be out on Nov. 2 for Brennon's sectional XC meet. I should probalby try to call and book her before someone else does.

11:30 Lunch time I went down to the faculty room to eat my lunch. I try to eat healthy for lunch so I had a can of veggie soup, a pretzel, a yogurt and a nice big glass of water. My teacher friend got one of those Brita pitchers and we share it. It is so great to have nice fresh water without having to haul in bottled everyweek. I just got so tired of lugging casses of bottled water into school each week. The Brita works out nicely.

3:25 School is Out. The litlle kiddies hop on their busses or catch aride home with mom or dad and I do a little clean up in my room. I can't stay too late today because I have an appointment with the lady fort he Davison Road Inn Banquet facility. I as incharge of planning the Charles Upson Christmas party. Whe is going to give me a good idea of how much food to oder. I get ehre right on time but have to call her. Good thing I did to. Whe had me kown for 4:30 insted of 4:00. Luckily she was close and could run right over. Otherwise I would have been waiting for a half hour. She was very nice and it didn't take very long for me to get the info I needed.

4:50 I Arrive Home that was sure a long Monday. I am home and ready to start dinner. Wehn Brennon comes home He wants to order pasta from Village Eatery. He ahs a race tomorrow and want s to make sure he eats Pasta. You always need to load up on those carbs the night before a race. We order and then he drives me over to pick it up. Yes that's right he DRIVES me over. He know is the proud owner of a a driving permit. He really is a pretty good driver. Maybe it's the 30 hous of driving he did with his mother before getting his permit. OOpps!

The dinner was delicious. After cleaning up from dinner I did various chares around the house and then sat down to edit some of my cross country pictures from the weekend. I wathed a funny old time movie with Scotty Boy called Bachelor Party and then took a few brief moments to publish this post about my day.

12:00 Midnight I would normally would not post something of this length but today I got on the blog to check Dan's photos out and found a very informative post from Spencer. After taking 40 minutes to read about his fabulous trip and all the wonderful details and descriptions of every moment I thought why wait for a big trip. Why not post like that every time the spirit moves me. Boy, Spencer had the right idea!!!!!!!!! Have a wonderful day everyone.

4 comments:

Spencer said...

Smokey Beans...you met that fat bastard, Vito?

Anonymous said...

you had a pungent oder in your room? So did our Gem!

Anonymous said...

Did you dish out any smiley faces today? ö¿ö

Unknown said...

We Miss you too, Meg!